La ASOCIACION ESPAÑOLA DE GRANDES YATES (THE SPANISH ASSOCIATION OF SUPER YACHTS) was founded on the 12th. December 2005 by Diego Colón de Carvajal, Jonathan Syrett, José Garcias Aubert and Pablo Comesaña, representing Astilleros de Mallorca, Camper and Nicholsons, Marina Barcelona 92 and Astilleros M. Cies respectively.
On 10 November 2006 the first general meeting of the members was convened.
At the Assembly held on December 14, 2011 Board of Directors has been formed by the following directors:
- President: Diego Colón de Carvajal. Astilleros de Mallorca
- Vice president: Jonathan Syrett. Camper & Nicholsons
- Secretary: Leon Von Ondanza.
Members of the board:
- José Garcia Aubert. Marina Barcelona 92
- Diane Franklin. e3 Systems
- Marta Iglesias. Fraser Yachts Spain
- Salvador Valero. Coral Marine
- Antonio Zaforteza. Ocibar
- Keefer Archer. Pantaenius
In addition, the legal practice of Uria and Menéndez have been named as legal advisers, whose participation in this project as expert consultant is of vital importance in the preparation of the relevant legal investigations necessary in order that the association completes its objectives.